Master Lecturer in Chemical Engineering
Bharti School of Engineering, Laurentian University
PhD: Natural Resources Engineering
BEng: Chemical Engineering
Research & Development: www.ongen.ca
- 2015-2017: NSERC Industrial Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2015-2016: Mitacs Accelerate Graduate Research Internship
- 2014: Inaugural Sudbury Integrated Nickel Operations Scholarship
- 2013-2014: Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science & Technology
- 2009-2013: Deans Honour List
- 2012: NSERC Undergraduate Student Reserach Award
- 2009: Peter Barrot Scholarship
- Developing an algal production facility for northern climates
- Developing algal harvesting technologies
- Modeling bioprocess dynamics
- Sustainability performance benchmarking
Refereed journals, book chapters and proceedings
- Laamanen, C.A. and Scott J.A. (2017) Development of heat-aided flocculation for flotation harvesting of microalgae. Biomass and Bioenergy. 170, 150-154
- Kennedy, A.E., Laamanen, C.A., Ross, M., Vohra, R., Scott, J.A., Ross, G.M. (2017) Nerve growth factor inhibitor with novel binding domain demonstrates nanomolar efficacy in both cell-based and cell-free assay systems. Pharmacology Research and Perspectives. 5:5, 1-5.
- Laamanen, C.A., Shang, H., Ross, G.M., Scott, J.A. (2017) Smelter off-gas waste heat and carbon dioxide sequestration to promote production of biodiesel. CIM Journal 8(3), 1-12.
- Laamanen, C., Ross, G.M. and Scott, J.A. (2016) Heat-aided flocculation for flotation harvesting of microalgae. Algal Research 20: 213-217.
- Laamanen CA, Ross GM, Scott JA (2016) Flotation harvesting of microalgae. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 58: 75-86.
- Laamanen CA, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2014) A model for utilizing industrial off-gas to support microalgae cultivation for biodiesel in cold climates. Energy Conversion and Management 88:476-483.
- Eibl JK, Corcoran JD, Senhorinho GNA, Zhang K, Hosseini NS, Marsden J, Laamanen CA, Scott JA, Ross GM (2014) Bioprospecting for acidophilic lipid-rich green microalgae isolated from abandoned mine site water bodies. AMB Express 4:7.
- Hosseini NS, Laamanen CA, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2016) Oral presentation: A high rate top-lit gas-lift open microalgae bioreactor that can utilize industrial off-gas to enhance productivity and allow a reduced footprint. 24th European Biomass Conference & Exhibition.
- Laamanen CA, Muinonen S, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2016) Poster presentation: Microalgae production for biodiesel in cold climates through utilization of industrial waste heat and CO2 emissions. 24th European Biomass Conference & Exhibition.
- Laamanen CA, Muinonen S, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2015) Oral presentation: Year-round production of microalgae for biodiesel supported by waste industrial CO2 and heat emissions. 12th World Congress on Industrial Biotechnology.
- Laamanen CA, Muinonen S, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2015) Poster presentation: The use of smelter off-gas heat and CO2 to support microalgal production of clean burning biodiesel. 2015 Mining and the Environment Conference.
- Laamanen CA, Muinonen S, Loken MR, Shang H, Ross GM, Scott JA (2014) Oral presentation: Utilizing nickel smelter off-gas to support year-round microalgae cultivation for biodiesel in cold climates. 64th Canadian Chemical Engineering Conference.